Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Chalkboard at Giuseppe's

Tonight was a cool gig at Giuseppe's. At my first break, cook Kelly Goetz came up to me and suggested that I come out to the foyer to see the chalkboard display. In addition to being a great cook, Kelly is also a fine artist. She frequently does chalkboard sketches listing the daily specials and Giuseppe's news.


Click To Enlarge

I was surprised and felt honored by her work this evening. She is a talented lady. I sure wish I had the ability to draw. Unfortunately, I can barely draw stick people. I remember trying to draw a horse years ago at my daughter Michelle's request. When I had finished she said "I wanted a horse, not a cat!"

2 Comments:

At January 18, 2007 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the drawing Dave. I want to come to Lexington sometime to try out that restaurant. It was always nice hearing your horn at The French Quarter. I will be at Caps sometime soon to hear you again.

 
At January 22, 2007 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture by Kelly,great music by Dave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home