Monday, April 03, 2006

Play Ball!

It's opening day for my favorite baseball team, the Cincinnati Reds, baseball's oldest professional franchise. It is a special day, a time for optimism. Every team starts with the same record (0-0) and dreams of a great season. Fans are enthusiastic about the upcoming pennant races and look forward to enjoying the nice weather that is on the way.

The NCAA championship game is tonight and I am still expecting to win either a Hummer or a Mt. Dew tee shirt, as I picked Florida to win it all in my online bracket (see my 3/16/06 blog entry). As important as the contest prize is to me, I still plan to be watching the Reds-Cubs opener tonight as my primary game (recorded this afternoon on my dvr). I'll check in on the Gator basketball game at commercials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home