Thursday, April 13, 2006

Brag Book

I keep a brag book full of nice letters and notes received from my customers. If I'm ever a little bit down, I spend a few minutes reading from the book and my spirits are picked up immediately. The following email was received this week from one of my great clients regarding music I played during dinner for some of UK's elite medical students. Letters like this will "put some air in your tires".

*

David,

I want you to know how well received you were last night! Many, many of the students approached me about you. One of the student administrators called me today and said she will definitely be in touch with you in the future. Another person emailed me and said you were “simply brilliant”. You go boy! I’m emailing your contact information to KS right now. She’s in Admissions but has some outside activities that she’s interested in contacting you about!

Thank you for taking care of us…yet again!

- MB

2 Comments:

At April 13, 2006 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How kind of someone to take the time to let you know how your gig went!!! I think it not only puts air in your tires but also puts air in your head!!!

 
At April 15, 2006 1:03 PM, Blogger David Hall said...

David,

I've not yet incorporated those "extras" into my act. Perhaps I should include them in my promo package as part of the "deluxe" package. They could be included with with the fog machine and laser light show. I'm thinking beads on the New Orleans tunes, fog on "A Foggy Day", bubbles on the Lawrence Welk tunes, laser lights on some disco tunes, Indian headdress and construction worker helmets on "YMCA", and the tambourines and blow up guitars on "Old Time Rock & Roll". It would be impressive, but that level of entertainment would cost 'em plenty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home