Sunday, April 16, 2006

Authentic Jersey Makes An Impression

I was scheduled to work Saturday night at Caproni's in Maysville. Since I was also booked to work their Sunday morning Easter brunch, I thought I would check out the motel room rates in Maysville, and if they weren't too expensive, I'd stay overnight instead of driving home.

At the motel's front desk I asked of the nice lady the cost of the least expensive room. She looked at me with a big smile and told me that she would be with me in just a moment, that she would like to talk with the manager first. I noticed that she was looking closely at the authentic Cincinnati Reds jersey I was wearing.

When she returned from speaking with the manager, she leaned forward and whispered, "You're with the Cincinnati Reds' organization, aren't you? You are one of the coaches." I winked at her and said "We normally get discounted corporate". She offered a 50% reduction of the room rate.

As I was leaving the front desk area she asked if I was the third base coach. I replied that I try to help wherever I'm needed and told her that I would be right back. I had some brand new baseballs in the gigmobile that I had bought to pitch to my son Matt. I pulled one of them out of the bag and brought it back inside to the front desk. In front of her I signed the ball "Best wishes from Coach Hall". She was so excited that you would think she had just won the lottery.

1 Comments:

At April 17, 2006 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard it all now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home