Monday, February 06, 2006

The Kingston Trio

Mom loves The Kingston Trio. I remember her playing their records hour after hour on the record changer when I was a kid. A few years ago I was playing in a band that opened a show for The Kingston Trio. It was great to take Mom to the show and introduce her to Bob Shane, George Grove, and Bobby Haworth.


Bob Shane and Mom

We took some pictures with the group and had a good time at the show. A year later I took Mom to hear them again in concert. She was thrilled that I brought the previous photos so that she could have them autographed by the guys.


Bob Shane, George Grove, Me, and Bobby Haworth

2 Comments:

At February 07, 2006 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few years ago my foot. Look how much younger that third guy from the left was then.

 
At February 07, 2006 7:01 AM, Blogger David Hall said...

The photo was taken Sunday, May 6, 2001, at the Kentucky Colonel's Barbecue in Bardstown, KY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home