Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Gearing Up For Little League

It's time to start preparing for REAL sports action, that is, little league soccer and baseball. I know the season is getting close when Michelle and Matt want me to take them to the park to "practice for tryouts". They don't practice all offseason, but when tryouts are a week away, it's time to go into SWM, that is, serious workout mode. Being the old man that I am, I was pretty sore yesterday after our multi Sunday afternoon sessions.

My kids always set goals before the season. Their list of goals might include such things as having a winning season, earning a trophy, doing well in the playoffs, and being key players for their team. As a parent and fan, I also set goals for myself. Here is a list of my goals for this little league season:

1) No painting my face the team colors
2) No letting the air out of the car tires belonging to the opposing team's manager
3) No calling "time out" in the middle of a play so I can get a better photo shot of my kid
4) No juiced up bat for Matt
5) No devious use of my air horn
6) No buying the deluxe photo package of my kids that includes the magnets, magazine cover, poster, and wall plaque
7) No two hour tailgating party with my jazz quartet in the parking lot prior to the game
8) No use of powered megaphone to yell at the refs and parents of the opposing team's players
9) No dastardly use of my pea shooter
10) No use of a mirror to reflect bright sunlight into the eyes of the opposing players


Michelle celebrating a victory


Matt hanging around after the game

1 Comments:

At February 28, 2006 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great kids you have there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home